Friday 2 May 2014

The Sunglasses Dictionary

I know that I've often seen a pair of sunglasses that I've really liked and wanted to own (I adore sunglasses), but I haven't known what to look for because I don't know the name of the style. So I've decided to help out the people who love them like I do and created The Sunglasses Dictionary.
So without further ado, here are my 5.

First, we have the classic aviator.
I used to have a pair of knock-off aviators from Thailand, until I stepped on them...
Anyway they were my favourite pair because they went with everything and looked really good.

The next pair I have to show is the wayfarer.
This style is better of you're going for a harder look, and I usually wear my wayfarers to the beach because they're a bit sturdier, and I'm not really gentle with them, so I'm glad when they can sustain my abuse.


My third example is my all-time favourite - the clubmaster.
I love the clubmaster because I think it's really diverse and it just looks great.
They go well with a hard or soft look and they're like an in between to the aviator and the wayfarer.


My second last is the basic round pair.
The round sunglasses come in a large range of slightly varying styles, so they can be really oversized or quite small depending on how you want them.
These sunglasses are quite on trend at the moment, so they're not hard to find.

My last pair are the cat-eye sunnies.
I have a pair of these that I haven't used yet, because I think they'd look better with a more feminine outfit or something a little more 50's-80's style.


So that's my sunglasses dictionary - I hope you've enjoyed!

- Gemma

(All photos were sourced from the official ray bans website or tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment